1. Which phones and tablets are compatible with iQSE?
› All iOS devices running iOS 8.1 or later. This includes models from iPhone 4s to 6s and from iPad 2 to iPad Pro.
› All phones and tablets running Android 2.3 or later.
2. Is it difficult to setup the module?
With the new Setup Wizard function the setup can be performed with the bike on a rear stand in two minutes.
After a test ride you may need to fine-tune the settings.
3. Can you send the optimal settings for my bike?
No. The optimal settings are installation and bike specific, and also depend on your skills and riding style (e.g. shifting speed and force). For setup tips, read the help texts in the app.
4. How many iQSE modules can I pair and use with my phone?
There’s no limit, but only one can be connected at one time. If you paired more iQSE modules with your phone, make sure only one is powered up within the range.
5. How many phones/tablets can I pair and use with my iQSE module?
There’s no limit, but only one can be connected at one time. If you paired your iQSE module with more phones, make sure only one has the Bluetooth enabled within the range.
6. Is there a way to ensure no one else has access to my module?
Yes. Enter a personal Security code via the iQSE app. It is stored in your phone, so you do not have to enter it every time, only if you try the connection from another phone.
7. I lost my phone. Did I lose my settings too?
No. The settings are stored in your iQSE module. If you connect to the module with a new phone, the settings are automatically transferred to the phone.
8. How many different settings can I store in my phone?
There’s no limit. If you are a dealer, if you wish, you can save a setting for all iQSE installations you have ever done, and you may recall it any time.
9. When I connected to my module, I was notified that a new firmware is available. Is it safe to run the update?
Yes. With our zero-risk technology, the module firmware can be updated even if the process was interrupted earlier by any reason.
10. What is the Bluetooth working range of the module?
The working range is affected by the module’s position in the bike and the phone’s Bluetooth capabilities (there are big differences between the phone models). Normally, you should be able to connect to the module from about 3m (10ft) with the seat on.
If you wish, you can even maintain the connection while riding the bike and the phone is in your pocket or mounted at the dashboard. This way you can change settings on the fly, without getting off the bike. No need to shut the engine off or to cycle the ignition key to make changes.
11. What is the adjustment range of the cut-off times?
It can be set from 30ms to 140ms in 5ms increments and independently for 9 RPM ranges. This allows very precise adjustments for pro riders. For street riders, we recommend using the Adaptive mode.
12. How can I upload the settings to the module?
Upload is automatic (as long as the iQSE module is connected) and happens right after you make a change in the app.